Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sisters Creek, Mayport, FL

Just a short hello, we left St. Augustine this morning.  And are now tied to a dock at Sisters Creek, Mayport, FL.  Tomorrow we will be heading towards Jacksonville, we expect to stay a couple of days.  After that, Green Cove Springs where we will be leaving Odyssey IV for the summer.

It was a long day, very strong winds and crossing the St. John River to get to the anchorage was stressful!  Weather forecast lied again!  :-)  Very high winds and waves!

I'll have some pic's from St. Augustine soon, "I'm on Pierre's computer, he doesn't have my pic's", and...too make a long story short, we were unable to make the anchor hold here, to get permission to tie to this dock, I called the bridge tender,  the police and TowBoatUS finally the park ranger came to see us and gave us permission.  Now I'm going to eat and I'm going to bed!

A+

No comments:

Post a Comment