Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hello from Chipman Point Marina

 Chipman Point Marina, Vermont

The Champlain Canal is closed until further notice so we will be staying at Chipman Point, Vermont.  The bad weather we have had has caused damage in the canal.  We are told it might take 2 or 3 days, hopefully not.


 C'est moi....Chipman Point!

Fort Ticonderoga, NY

We left the Fort on Thursday morning in the pouring rain.  We were approx 1 1/2 hours up the lake when a boater called us on our radio and told us to turn around that the lock was closed and they were going to open up the lock to let water out.  This morning we were told that there were tree trunks and all sorts of debris that rushed out.  Also, it seems that one of the marinas at lock 12 lost some of it docks.  I want to thank the person who warned us, the boats name was Clarillon.
 Fort Ticonderoga anchorage

Thursday morning leaving Converse Bay


Converse Bay sunset

 The only boat we saw today

Southbound - Three of the Four Brothers, Lake Champlain, NY


We left Plattsburg on Wednesday morning, direction Converse Bay!  About one hour after we left we got seaweed in the raw water pump, the engine heated up real quick, un peu la panique before Pierre realized what it was.  Pierre fixed it in 15 min.  Hurray for Pierre and his knowledge!


Plattsburgh, storm coming in!


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Plattsburgh, NY

Nous sommes rendus à Plattsburgh, NY depuis dimanche et nous restons un autre jour, car la météo n’est pas très favorable.  Des vagues jusqu’a cinq pieds sont prévus.

Plattsburgh Boat Basin


Hier, Pierre a reçu sa pièce et fait réparer ses lunettes!!  Nos courses sont terminés…nous sommes pret pour un autre départ.

Pour les futurs voyageurs :

Avoir un mouillage dans les marinas du U.S. 27$ (Rouses Point et Plattsburgh)
Internet à Rouses Point, gratuit avec le mouillage et Plattsburgh 10$ par 24 heures.
Au Canada, les quais fédéral charge 0.90$ le pied pour une nuit.
Passage Canal St Ours 26$ et le Canal Chambly 46$.


Deep Bay entrance


J’ai bien aimé Deep Bay, un endroit magnifique.   Malheureusement le ciel était couvert de nuage ce soir là, j’aurais bien aimé voir la lune et les étoiles.



Deep Bay

Demain, mercredi, nous espérons partir pour Converse Bay.  Nous allons être sans l'internet pour plusieurs jours...alors à la prochaine!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Since my last pictures at St. Ours, we have been to Chambly where I had a super evening with my family. We had to wait 24 hours before going through the Chambly Canal, there are only two openings a day at this time of the year, and we were third in line and only 2 large boats at a time. Us with our 51 foot mast across Odyssey IV we are very very long. We went through the nine locks without any trouble; the people who help at the locks were very helpful and especially very friendly. We arrived at St. Jean sur Richelieu at around 17:00 and decided to dock at the Federal wharf; we were well protected from the high winds that night. We ended up staying two nights there, histoire de se reposer un peu.



Chambly Canal lock 9

Beloeil

Arriving at lock 9, St. Jean sur Richelieu

 Canal de Chambly
Captain Popeye

Thursday we left for Lake Champlain and are anchored out at Gains Marina, situated at Rouses Point, NY. Pierre was expecting a delivery here on Friday which never came, so today Saturday we are leaving for Deep Bay to spend the night and off to Plattsburgh. Hopefully, Pierre’s package, an air separator for the engine will arrive in Plattsburgh. We have decided to slow down a little; after all, we are on holidays. The trip is going very well.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Our departure from Portneuf

Louis qui nous accompagne à la sortie de Portneuf


Entrée de la Rivière Richelieu le 19 septembre...une belle journée plein de soliel



Traversé sur la Rivière Richelieu



Odyssey IV après 9 heures de navigation à St. Ours


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Encore dans l'enclot!

On devait se mettre à l'eau mardi matin...helas..., un petit problème de moteur qui va peut-être retarder notre départ de plusieurs jours.  On le prends avec un sourire :-)   Je continue quand même à préparer notre départ...avec un grand optimiste.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

3 weeks left before our departure

After many many years of talking and dreaming about leaving for 6 months, the time has finally arrived. Pierre is working very hard getting the boat ready so we can put her in the water.  Odyssey has gone through a major work over since May, by the way, all of Pierre's doing.  Me, I finished working last Friday, so my job now is getting us packed, going through my numerous lists of to-do's.  All in all, a great time!


Our home for the next 6 months


We plan to leave Portneuf, Québec on September 15, 2010, our final destination is the Bahamas!




             Marina de Portneuf, Portneuf (Québec)